Saturday, January 18, 2014

Fig and Blue Cheese Salad

I have never quite been able to suss out what to do with figs and have found myself buying them many times and ending up throwing them out because they have gone past their best before I can decide what to do with them.  So, refusing to throw them out this time - I created this recipe.  The combination of the sweetness of the figs and the saltiness of the cheese is perfect.  You could serve this as a side dish to pasta or risotto but equally I would eat this as a main meal with some crusty bread on the side.


This is not the first time I have ventured into the blue cheese salad area, feel free to check out my aubergine and blue cheese salad for an alternative.

Half an iceberg lettuce
Two spring onions
Quarter of a cucumber
4 fresh figs
50 grams of blue cheese

Chop the lettuce, cucumber and onion and place on a plate.

Crumble the blue cheese in the centre.

Add the quartered figs to the plate, surrounding the cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment